Personal Data Protection
Respecting your privacy and protecting your personal data
Kiwi Properties Pte Ltd collects information to understand your needs better. This helps us to improve our services and the way we communicate with you.
We know that privacy is important to you and we strive to be as open and transparent as possible in how we serve you.
We conduct our business in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) and have implemented additional measures to protect your personal information.
Kiwi Properties Pte Ltd’s Data Protection Policy aims to help you understand how we collect, use, share and protect your personal information.
Ways we collect your personal information
We may collect your personal information when you:
- Subscribe to our services
- Use our network and other Kiwi Properties products or services
- Register for a specific product or service Sign up for alerts or newsletters
- Contact us with a question or request for assistance
- Participate in a competition, lucky draw or survey
The information we collect
The information we collect depends on the Kiwi Properties Pte Ltd products and services you use and subscribe to. Here are key examples:
- Your identity – This includes NRIC, FIN or passport number, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth,***any form of biometric that you may have submitted, as well as service-related information such as bank and credit card details, device ID and IP address.
- Your interaction with us– For example, a note or recording of a call you make to one of our contact centres, an email or letter you send to us or other records of any contact you have with us.
- Your account information– For example, the subscription services you use or other details related to your account.
- Information on your use of our services– For example, the phone numbers you call or send text messages to and vice versa, as well as the date, time and duration of your calls through our network and the approximate location of your mobile device.
- Information on equipment and our network– For example, information on the performance of your device on our network.
- Your preferences– This is based on what you share with us on how you would like to be contacted, and your preferred products, services and lifestyle activities for example.
- Information from other organisations– These organisations include fraud-prevention agencies, business directories, credit reference agencies or individuals we believe you have authorised to provide your personal details on your behalf.
How we use your information
We may use your information for:
Provisioning & administration of services
- Process your orders and activate or deactivate services
- Enable us to process bills and payments
- Respond to enquiries and requests from you or people you have authorised
- Inform you about service upgrades and updates
- Provide directory assistance
- Facilitate interconnection and inter-operability with other telecommunications operators
Market research, network & service enhancement
- Conduct market research and customer satisfaction surveys to improve our customer service; develop new products, as well as personalise the services we offer you
- Improve our network, for example by looking at usage and mobility patterns
Sharing of rewards and benefits
- Offer rewards and promotions, and share promotional benefits and loyalty programs which you may qualify for
- Provide updates, offers, invitations to events and deliver relevant advertising, including through voice, SMS and **digital advertisingwith your prior consent or if otherwise permitted under local laws and regulations
Security and risk management
- Inform you of service and security issues
- Prevent and detect fraud or other crimes and recover debts
- Conduct internal audits *and determine creditworthiness
- Ensure the safety and security of our properties and systems
- Conduct checks against money laundering, terrorism financing and related risks
Legal & regulatory requirements
- Meet legal, regulatory and other requirements including providing assistance to law enforcement, judicial and other government agencies
We will not use your personal data for purposes other than what we have informed you, or which are permitted under local laws and regulations.
We will not offer, publish or share your personal data with third parties outside of the Kiwi Properties Pte Ltd Group for commercial purposes, without seeking your explicit permission.
We will retain your information for only as long as there is a business or legal need.
Sharing your information
We may share your information with:
- Companies in the Kiwi Properties Pte Ltd Group
- Business partners and vendors we work with to deliver services you have subscribed to
- Industry regulators and other government organisations, as required by local laws and regulations
- Financial institutions for purposes such as facilitating GIRO payments
- Research institutions for market analysis purposes
Your information is disclosed to the above only for relevant purposes (please refer to those mentioned in this Policy) or to protect the interests of our customers.
In some cases, we encrypt, anonymise and aggregate the information before sharing it. Anonymising means stripping the information of personally identifiable features. Aggregating means presenting the information in groups or segments e.g. age groups.
We will also ensure that overseas organisations we work with observe strict confidentiality and data protection obligations.
Protecting your information
We have implemented stringent measures to secure and protect your information. These include:
- Safeguards to prevent security breaches in our network and database systems
- Limits on access to information in our systems and the systems of our business partners and vendors
- Strict verification processes to prevent unauthorised access to information
Respecting your contact preferences
Kiwi Properties Pte Ltd is committed to complying with the Do Not Call (DNC) provisions. We have always been mindful of engaging our customers in a more targeted and relevant way.
We may send marketing messages to your Singapore telephone number if:
- you have given us consent, OR
- you have not registered with the national DNC Registry, OR
- the sending of such messages is permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
Our marketing messages aim to update you about our exclusive offers, rewards programme and special deals from our preferred partners and advertisers.
If you wish to continue receiving such messages or to opt out, you can indicate your preference at any time via My Account. Your request will be processed “immediately” and or within 30 days.
Please note that after opting out, you may still continue to receive non-marketing messages, such as product updates and service notices as permitted under applicable local laws and regulations.
We may amend or modify this Policy from time to time, such as in response to changes to legislation. We remain committed to safeguarding your information and being open about our data protection practices.
Updated on 3th March 2022